Skip to main content

Hello, November!

I can't believe it is November, and it has been months since I last blogged! I am loving the trees changing colors and all things pumpkin flavored, now if the weather could just stay cool I would be happy.

I made it through Halloween, yay! A friend blogged yesterday about how Halloween is a hard holiday for a bereaved parent - and it is. My facebook and instagram feeds were full of cute babies in their costumes. Each post was a reminder of who should be here and what we are missing. On top of the cuteness overload, Halloween was the date of our embryo transfer with Gentry and Savannah. Halloween is officially the day I got pregnant . . . sounds like it could be a wild, drunken story, ha! Our girls will also be my pumpkins because of this. On top of already being down, everyone in my department left early so they could go get their kids ready to trick or treat. I was the only one left in my department, and it was such a lonely feeling. I am looking forward to the year we can have a cutie of our own to dress up, and it not be such a sad day.

Time for Updates:
Marty took the job that offered less pay. It has been an adjustment for us, but I think we are doing just fine. I am just thankful he is working.

I got a promotion (yay!). I am now Marketing Manager for our company. So excited! 

My parents decided to hold off on building a house and having us move in with them. We had gone so far as to select a builder and a lot to build on, but I think it was too much change for my mom. They have lived in their house for so long, I don't know that they will ever leave. Although I do think they are going to need us living with them at some point. But for now we are staying in our house.

I am supposed to have a call today or early next week with an attorney to discuss some options regarding adoption through her as opposed to an agency. I am also going to ask about the gestational surrogacy  process in our state, just in case the perfect person is found. I am pretty excited to get the ball moving on something. It may be a few months out so we can have time to save more money, and maybe find Marty a better paying job. But, at least we are getting our information together.

S&G's Fall Flowers


  1. So exciting about receiving the call - Hope it goes great!

  2. Looks like your world is looking up :) you find out all you can about these processes so when I get there (which seems to be more and more rapidly approaching) I can come to you (as I have with EVERYTHING else) with all of my questions ;)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Sully

Fifteen days after my last blog post, you know the one 10 months ago, we were supposed to have a call with our adoption agency to hit pause and take a break. After 3 failed matches we needed time to heal before jumping back in.

That day, November 14,  I was at work when our social worker's number popped up on my phone. I was in the middle of a work project so thought I would just call her back later. I was putting off having the call to go inactive as long as possible. Because as much as we needed to heal, my heart also broke at the thought of missing out on the baby that was meant to be ours. Less than 10 minutes later the agency number popped up, so I decided to answer and let them know we could chat later in the day.

I was not expecting the words on the other end of the phone. "Ashley, we have a healthy baby boy who was born two days ago. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital, and his birth mom has chosen you to be his parents. If you want to proceed you need to g…

Finalization Day

Finalization day was so special for us, so we invited along one of my dearest friends who is also a photographer to capture the day. This friend has been there for us every step of the way, not only as a friend but also capturing our special moments.

When the judge announced that he granted the adoption and name change to be officially Benton, I about lost it. That is until Benton let out the cutest squeal of excitement. I think he was excited it was official as well! 
These pictures were too cute not to share. So, here are a few from finalization day!


Well guys, 8 weeks we were matched this time. But now we are back to being a waiting family. I honestly don't know where to start with this one. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) the birth mom texted that she was having contractions and going to the hospital. Being 28 weeks pregnant, I assumed it was Braxton Hicks. Not long after that text, less than hour, our agency called. I assumed they were just telling me the same news. Instead they were telling me they were going to send over the records from the birth mom's last two appointments, but also that there was a note on the records about there being a pregnancy complication related to the baby being at high risk for a lifelong disability/disabilities. The agency said to hold tight until she could get back to the doctor and go under more testing.

Less than hour after that called, the birth mom's mom called me and said they couldn't stop contractions and she was dilated 7cm. Baby was coming…