Skip to main content


mentioned in the previous post being crazy busy, and that is no lie! Since my November post, I have traveled to St. Louis, Winnipeg, Las Vegas, & Longview for work, served 2 weeks of jury duty, turned 30, took on several new stores for work in Saint Louis, Louisville, & Indianapolis, traveled to Nashville for our 5th anniversary, gone to some concerts - Eric Church, Drake White, Craig Campbell, Zac Brown Band, & Travis Tritt, and been to a bunch of Grizzlies and Tigers basketball games. It has been crazy!! 

In between all of that, Marty and I decided to proceed with adoption to grow our family! We decided to wait to get our tax return done to put that money in savings. Last week Marty wrecked his car, so now we are waiting to see what is going on with that. Hopefully we find out soon, so we can start our home study. So excited and so nervous at the same time!!! 

And the highlight aside from making that decision was meeting Giuliana & Bill Rancic. Marty and I have always joked that they are the rich version of us. They remind us so much of us. We have watched their show and cried through all of their ups and downs fertility treatments. I have always felt that G and I could be best friends. Seriously. I love her. She has been such an inspiration to me through our own journey. They shared their story with a group of us, and I was in tears. When I shared my story with Bill (G was talking to someone else), I felt like I was talking to a friend. He grabbed my arm and said "I am so sorry." Then asked if I needed a doctor recommendation and told me how much they loved their doctor in Denver. I could have died. I actually got to meet them!! Ahhh!!! It was probably the worst picture I have taken in my life, but oh well!


Popular posts from this blog

Baby Sully

Fifteen days after my last blog post, you know the one 10 months ago, we were supposed to have a call with our adoption agency to hit pause and take a break. After 3 failed matches we needed time to heal before jumping back in.

That day, November 14,  I was at work when our social worker's number popped up on my phone. I was in the middle of a work project so thought I would just call her back later. I was putting off having the call to go inactive as long as possible. Because as much as we needed to heal, my heart also broke at the thought of missing out on the baby that was meant to be ours. Less than 10 minutes later the agency number popped up, so I decided to answer and let them know we could chat later in the day.

I was not expecting the words on the other end of the phone. "Ashley, we have a healthy baby boy who was born two days ago. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital, and his birth mom has chosen you to be his parents. If you want to proceed you need to g…

Finalization Day

Finalization day was so special for us, so we invited along one of my dearest friends who is also a photographer to capture the day. This friend has been there for us every step of the way, not only as a friend but also capturing our special moments.

When the judge announced that he granted the adoption and name change to be officially Benton, I about lost it. That is until Benton let out the cutest squeal of excitement. I think he was excited it was official as well! 
These pictures were too cute not to share. So, here are a few from finalization day!


Well guys, 8 weeks we were matched this time. But now we are back to being a waiting family. I honestly don't know where to start with this one. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) the birth mom texted that she was having contractions and going to the hospital. Being 28 weeks pregnant, I assumed it was Braxton Hicks. Not long after that text, less than hour, our agency called. I assumed they were just telling me the same news. Instead they were telling me they were going to send over the records from the birth mom's last two appointments, but also that there was a note on the records about there being a pregnancy complication related to the baby being at high risk for a lifelong disability/disabilities. The agency said to hold tight until she could get back to the doctor and go under more testing.

Less than hour after that called, the birth mom's mom called me and said they couldn't stop contractions and she was dilated 7cm. Baby was coming…