Skip to main content

Our Next FET

I called the doctor this week, and it looks like our next FET will be the week of April 22. A short six weeks from now. There is so much I want to do before we actually do the transfer.

The biggest one being painting the future nursery. It is still the color it was when the house was built and we moved in. We never painted it when I was pregnant with the girls because I was waiting to find out the sex of the babies. But, this time around is different. Since I will be on bed rest beginning at 12 weeks, I want to get somethings done before I ever get pregnant so that I can have some part in setting up my child's room. It's those little things I won't be able to do on bed rest that I don't want to miss out on. So, we currently have about 40 shades of beige, brown, gray, and greige taped to the wall of the nursery along with some fabric samples. Even if I don't get pregnant with this FET, I feel like a fresh coat of paint will feel like a fresh start.

I would also like to lose 10 pounds (or more if possible). I am about 4 pounds heavier now than I was when I got pregnant, but have goal I would like to be at . . . wish me luck.

I honestly thought that after our vacation last week I would come back rested and mentally prepared to start IVF again, but currently I can't psych myself up for it. In part, I think it is because I wish I could just have my girls. It's another part fear. I am trying, and getting much better, at turning it all over to God. I know that if something were to happen in any future pregnancies there is nothing I can do to prevent it, other than not trying to get pregnant. I know the only way I am going to get through a future pregnancy is with faith, prayer, and worship. I can't live my life in fear of what could happen.

I have said it before, but I honestly believe this will be our last attempt. We are transferring two embryos this time (still weird to me how a doctor can change his recommendation so easily), which means we will have 3 left possibly for a gestational surrogate.

Please keep us in your prayers for the next few months and hope that FET #2 is a success.


  1. I can imagine how stressful this is for you guys as I am have been a wreck myself for far too long waiting for the ball to drop again. Like you said though, if something is going to happen, it's going to happen. I am glad our carrier pregnant but I hope you guys don't have to go down this road, especially because it means this transfer didn't work, or worse.
    I hope it all goes well and will be thinking of you guys.

  2. Sending you love and prayer sweet girl...

  3. Praying for you! I remember when we started trying again, I was so mad that we even had to try again. I just wanted Wiley. Even though we got pregnant on our own, I know the fear that comes after you're pregnant. It's hard, but just focus on your baby and trust God.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finalization Day

Finalization day was so special for us, so we invited along one of my dearest friends who is also a photographer to capture the day. This friend has been there for us every step of the way, not only as a friend but also capturing our special moments.

When the judge announced that he granted the adoption and name change to be officially Benton, I about lost it. That is until Benton let out the cutest squeal of excitement. I think he was excited it was official as well! 
These pictures were too cute not to share. So, here are a few from finalization day!


Well guys, 8 weeks we were matched this time. But now we are back to being a waiting family. I honestly don't know where to start with this one. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) the birth mom texted that she was having contractions and going to the hospital. Being 28 weeks pregnant, I assumed it was Braxton Hicks. Not long after that text, less than hour, our agency called. I assumed they were just telling me the same news. Instead they were telling me they were going to send over the records from the birth mom's last two appointments, but also that there was a note on the records about there being a pregnancy complication related to the baby being at high risk for a lifelong disability/disabilities. The agency said to hold tight until she could get back to the doctor and go under more testing.

Less than hour after that called, the birth mom's mom called me and said they couldn't stop contractions and she was dilated 7cm. Baby was coming…

Baby Sully

Fifteen days after my last blog post, you know the one 10 months ago, we were supposed to have a call with our adoption agency to hit pause and take a break. After 3 failed matches we needed time to heal before jumping back in.

That day, November 14,  I was at work when our social worker's number popped up on my phone. I was in the middle of a work project so thought I would just call her back later. I was putting off having the call to go inactive as long as possible. Because as much as we needed to heal, my heart also broke at the thought of missing out on the baby that was meant to be ours. Less than 10 minutes later the agency number popped up, so I decided to answer and let them know we could chat later in the day.

I was not expecting the words on the other end of the phone. "Ashley, we have a healthy baby boy who was born two days ago. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital, and his birth mom has chosen you to be his parents. If you want to proceed you need to g…