Skip to main content

Happy Memories

I can't believe I forgot to post a picture of the girls' Easter bunny and the butterflies. I also made an Easter bouquet of silk flowers I will be taking to them this weekend. 
I am also in the process of getting some photos together to make a scrapbook for the girls. Looking through the photos on my phone brought on a lot of emotions. All of which led to tears. It makes me so sad to see myself so happy; I long to feel that way again. Right now I feel as though I am faking my way through the day. I may seem ok on the outside, but inside I am a mess. Yet I continue on pretending to be ok most of the time because life must go on. Anyway, here are some of my favorite photos I have found. 
The girls' Easter bunny.
This was the day we found out we were having twins. We went downtown for a U of M basketball game. When we came out, it was snowing. This was also the day before my birthday.

This is my sweet Bailey sleeping on my legs, keeping me company while I was on bed rest after the egg retrieval. He is my little buddy.

These are the onesies I gave Marty on his birthday. He is the biggest Atlanta Braves fan I know.

These are the fun socks I wore to the retrieval. I wanted my feet to look cute. I was not a very happy camper when they made me take them off to wear the ugly hospital socks. =)


Popular posts from this blog

Baby Sully

Fifteen days after my last blog post, you know the one 10 months ago, we were supposed to have a call with our adoption agency to hit pause and take a break. After 3 failed matches we needed time to heal before jumping back in.

That day, November 14,  I was at work when our social worker's number popped up on my phone. I was in the middle of a work project so thought I would just call her back later. I was putting off having the call to go inactive as long as possible. Because as much as we needed to heal, my heart also broke at the thought of missing out on the baby that was meant to be ours. Less than 10 minutes later the agency number popped up, so I decided to answer and let them know we could chat later in the day.

I was not expecting the words on the other end of the phone. "Ashley, we have a healthy baby boy who was born two days ago. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital, and his birth mom has chosen you to be his parents. If you want to proceed you need to g…

Finalization Day

Finalization day was so special for us, so we invited along one of my dearest friends who is also a photographer to capture the day. This friend has been there for us every step of the way, not only as a friend but also capturing our special moments.

When the judge announced that he granted the adoption and name change to be officially Benton, I about lost it. That is until Benton let out the cutest squeal of excitement. I think he was excited it was official as well! 
These pictures were too cute not to share. So, here are a few from finalization day!


Well guys, 8 weeks we were matched this time. But now we are back to being a waiting family. I honestly don't know where to start with this one. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) the birth mom texted that she was having contractions and going to the hospital. Being 28 weeks pregnant, I assumed it was Braxton Hicks. Not long after that text, less than hour, our agency called. I assumed they were just telling me the same news. Instead they were telling me they were going to send over the records from the birth mom's last two appointments, but also that there was a note on the records about there being a pregnancy complication related to the baby being at high risk for a lifelong disability/disabilities. The agency said to hold tight until she could get back to the doctor and go under more testing.

Less than hour after that called, the birth mom's mom called me and said they couldn't stop contractions and she was dilated 7cm. Baby was coming…