Skip to main content

Starting Again

I have been away for awhile, Marty and I went on a much needed vacation to the beach. It was amazing having 5 days to just be together relaxing and having fun. We spent most of our time on the beach, but also took some time for a dolphin cruise, mini golf, and my cousin's wedding. Being away was just what my soul needed. I really could have used a few more days!

The day after we got back I began my Lupron injections. I had a total meltdown at work that day; it was just so intense starting the process over. I feel like I am really moving forward now. So many emotions running through me - sad, scared, anxious, excited. I saw my favorite ultrasound tech in the hallway at the fertility doctor's office on Wednesday. It made me think back to the day we found out we were expecting twins. It took everything I had to not breakdown in tears. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time that's happened there, but I didn't want to be that girl.

Yesterday I went to my regular OB/GYN to get a game plan together in the hopes of this cycle working. If it does work and once I am released from the fertility doctor, I will see both her and a high risk doctor. At 12-13 weeks they will put in a cerclage, then will monitor me every two weeks. Once the cerclage is in, I will also be on bed rest. Thankfully, I have a job that is going to allow me to work from home. So at least I won't be on bed rest for 28 weeks with nothing to do. I have mixed feelings about the bed rest, mostly the isolation, but I am willing to do anything to get a healthy baby here alive.

Everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed and say lots of prayers that this cycle is successful. Only 2.5 weeks until the transfer!
At my cousin's wedding

On the beach

Dolphin cruise


Popular posts from this blog

Baby Sully

Fifteen days after my last blog post, you know the one 10 months ago, we were supposed to have a call with our adoption agency to hit pause and take a break. After 3 failed matches we needed time to heal before jumping back in.

That day, November 14,  I was at work when our social worker's number popped up on my phone. I was in the middle of a work project so thought I would just call her back later. I was putting off having the call to go inactive as long as possible. Because as much as we needed to heal, my heart also broke at the thought of missing out on the baby that was meant to be ours. Less than 10 minutes later the agency number popped up, so I decided to answer and let them know we could chat later in the day.

I was not expecting the words on the other end of the phone. "Ashley, we have a healthy baby boy who was born two days ago. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital, and his birth mom has chosen you to be his parents. If you want to proceed you need to g…

Finalization Day

Finalization day was so special for us, so we invited along one of my dearest friends who is also a photographer to capture the day. This friend has been there for us every step of the way, not only as a friend but also capturing our special moments.

When the judge announced that he granted the adoption and name change to be officially Benton, I about lost it. That is until Benton let out the cutest squeal of excitement. I think he was excited it was official as well! 
These pictures were too cute not to share. So, here are a few from finalization day!


Well guys, 8 weeks we were matched this time. But now we are back to being a waiting family. I honestly don't know where to start with this one. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) the birth mom texted that she was having contractions and going to the hospital. Being 28 weeks pregnant, I assumed it was Braxton Hicks. Not long after that text, less than hour, our agency called. I assumed they were just telling me the same news. Instead they were telling me they were going to send over the records from the birth mom's last two appointments, but also that there was a note on the records about there being a pregnancy complication related to the baby being at high risk for a lifelong disability/disabilities. The agency said to hold tight until she could get back to the doctor and go under more testing.

Less than hour after that called, the birth mom's mom called me and said they couldn't stop contractions and she was dilated 7cm. Baby was coming…