Skip to main content

The Transfer

Yesterday we had our transfer. So now I am on bed rest until Saturday. Here's to hoping this embryo decides to hang around!
Both embryos survived the thawing process, so they are able to refreeze the one we didn't transfer. Yay! The one we did transfer is a grade A, which is great!
The last cycle my parents brought me Steak & Shake for lunch while I was on bed rest. Being superstitious, that's what I ate yesterday, down to the same banana milkshake! Today I am eating another meal I had last time too - a grilled chicken baked potato from McAlister's deli. Call me crazy, but I know it worked last time so why not try it again. On the note of crazy: I have had a cough for about a week. now, so every time I cough I cross my legs like I'm trying to hold the embryo in, ha!
It was weird being back there yesterday. I had to tell quite a few people about the girls. Most assumed that since I was back so soon after last transfer that it didn't work. They were all great and supportive though. Once again my heart rate & blood pressure were high because of the anxiety. Good thing they give you a Valium before the transfer takes place. As anxious as I was, I felt like an old pro.
Praying my body feels like an old pro too and helps the embryo implant. The waiting begins . . .
Drinking my water to have a full bladder for the transfer.
Yummy banana milkshake in bed
Waiting to go back for the transfer.
Our grade A embryo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Match!

On Saturday, August 27, I was 8 hours from home in an Old Navy in Indianapolis buying jeans and a shirt to wear to the Colts' game that night. I was there for work to record a TV spot the next day with a Colts' player  . . . I stay on the back side of the camera, ha. I had driven the last half of our trip that day, so I hadn't checked my phone in about 4 hours. I decided I should check my email while there in line. Since it was a Saturday I wasn't expecting much, but I had an email from our agency about an opportunity to be shown. This wasn't this first time to see one of these emails; some we said yes to but the birth family chose someone else, others we said no to because we weren't 100% certain with the situation presented. So I glanced through the email, forwarded to M, and sent him a text to check his email. Nothing out of the norm. Since it was time to pay, I decided I would look at it in a bit once my coworker and I got to dinner and a little more settle…

Baby Sully

Fifteen days after my last blog post, you know the one 10 months ago, we were supposed to have a call with our adoption agency to hit pause and take a break. After 3 failed matches we needed time to heal before jumping back in.

That day, November 14,  I was at work when our social worker's number popped up on my phone. I was in the middle of a work project so thought I would just call her back later. I was putting off having the call to go inactive as long as possible. Because as much as we needed to heal, my heart also broke at the thought of missing out on the baby that was meant to be ours. Less than 10 minutes later the agency number popped up, so I decided to answer and let them know we could chat later in the day.

I was not expecting the words on the other end of the phone. "Ashley, we have a healthy baby boy who was born two days ago. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital, and his birth mom has chosen you to be his parents. If you want to proceed you need to g…

Gone

Well guys, 8 weeks we were matched this time. But now we are back to being a waiting family. I honestly don't know where to start with this one. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) the birth mom texted that she was having contractions and going to the hospital. Being 28 weeks pregnant, I assumed it was Braxton Hicks. Not long after that text, less than hour, our agency called. I assumed they were just telling me the same news. Instead they were telling me they were going to send over the records from the birth mom's last two appointments, but also that there was a note on the records about there being a pregnancy complication related to the baby being at high risk for a lifelong disability/disabilities. The agency said to hold tight until she could get back to the doctor and go under more testing.

Less than hour after that called, the birth mom's mom called me and said they couldn't stop contractions and she was dilated 7cm. Baby was coming…